Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Ontech is rapidly growing and looking for a highly qualified Technical Consultant to manage the growing needs and demands of our diverse client base.
As a Technical Consultant, you will work directly with our mid-size business clients assisting with product selection, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining a wide variety of network hardware and licensing solutions, managed services, cloud services and projects. Qualified individuals will not only have technical expertise and a strong background with hands-on network administration but will also possess a high level of organizational, communication, and customer service skills. A high level of professionalism is expected.
Why do consultants choose to work at Ontech?
- Friendly, Laid-back, Professional Work Environment
- 24×7 back-end U.S. based NOC support for less demanding nights & weekends
- Structured leadership team, sales support staff, and inside technical staff allowing our consultants to focus on what they do best – servicing our clients and their networks
- Advancement Opportunity: get your foot in the door at a growing IT firm
- Established tools like Client Documentation, Ticketing, and Vendor partnerships so our team can effectively communicate and service our clients
- Financially backed training opportunities
- A better benefit package than the competition
- Microsoft Office 365 Migrations: Email and Applications, SharePoint
- Microsoft Azure Migrations
- Firewall Support and Security Reviews
- VMWare server migrations: 10-100 users, 3-10 VM’s
Standard Job Tasks
- Install and configure server hardware & components.
- Install and configure virtual server environment, VMware and Hyper-V
- Installing and configure server OS (Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019)
- Office 365 Migrations (Hosted Email & Business Plans)
- Configure network services like Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Firewall and Wireless Support
- Backup and DR solutions
- Install and configure switches and routers. Primarily Cisco, SonicWall, Meraki and HP.
- Install, configure and manage network virus protection and backup
- SAN and other storage hardware
- Basic PC support
- Basic printer support
- Mobile Device Management
- Document Standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Regular travel to clients in SE Wisconsin required. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Ongoing training and certification is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of consulting experience highly preferred
- Current experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, SonicWALL, HP, Datto, Storage Craft, and others.
- Current industry certifications, such as: MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP and others are a plus
- Direct client facing consulting experience is a must
- Migrating to and/or supporting public and/or private cloud infrastructure
- Supporting VPN and other site-to-site networking
Salary, Benefits & Notes
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Profit sharing opportunity by invite based on productivity and merit. Benefits include company matched retirement plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance, home internet connection, mileage reimbursement, company provided cell phone and laptop, yearly company retreats, flexible, friendly, team environment, paid time off, paid holidays, ongoing training, company outings and team-building activities.