As we continue to move forward in technology, hardware has become smaller and smaller over the years. Allowing employees to reclaim their workspace, the HP ProDesk 400 Desktop mini is designed specifically for the employee workspace, small but powerful.
This mini desktop is capable of holding up to 32GB of memory and has configurable ports to connect up to three displays.
Regularly priced at $675, you can receive the promotional price of $625 from 10/1/2018 – 12/31/2018.
Product Details: HP ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini PC
- Desktop Mini
- Intel Core i5
- RAM 8 GB
- SSD 256 GB
- Win 10 Pro 64-bit
- 3-year warranty
Complete your reclaimed workspace with a 23” HP ProDisplay, with the capability to attach a HP Desktop Mini or HP Thin Client directly behind the display (with the addition of a HP quick release mount). Reduce power consumption and lower your costs with an energy-efficient monitor refresh.
Regularly priced at $150, you can receive the promotional price of $139 from 10/1/2018 – 12/31/2018.
Product Details: HP 23″ ProDisplay
- LED monitor
- 23″ (23″ viewable)
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD (1080p)
- Includes VGA and DisplayPort cables
- 3 year warranty
Get more details on this limited-time promotion or view HP specs.
To take advantage of this offer, contact Ontech by phone at 262-522-8560 or send us a request online.
Summary: Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
*Duties may be modified or additional duties assigned.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies outlined in the Ontech Employee Handbook and support the mission and values of Ontech.
- Meet attendance standards and work productively with team members.
- Ensure a clean and orderly work area.
- Bring positive attitude to work each day
Work Environment: Office M-F, 8-5
Billable Hours Expectation: 4-5 hours per day
Note: After-hours support, weekend project work, and responding to after-hours calls is not required.
- First responder to customer and NOC support requests received via telephone, email, chat and/or ticket
- Respond to customers via telephone, email/ticket to establish contact, set priority, establish next steps
- Create a ticket, find available technician, assign ticket, and follow-up to ensure timely resolution
- Dispatch new & existing support requests to consultant team as needed
- Actively review open/overdue tickets and pro-actively reach out to technicians. Proactive reach out starts with phone call to technician
- Address items as needed either by addressing on own or escalating to inside technician
- Monitor and Manage Alerts Mailbox
- Ensure Backup Notifications are being reviewed and responded to
- Create tickets for failed backups and assign primary technician
- Follow through on tickets to ensure they are being completed
- Monitor virus alerts and ensure proper steps are taken to cleanup infections or make exceptions
- Review open items from previous day and follow up as needed
- Fill out Excel Spreadsheet of previous day’s call log with issue tracking updates
- Ticket System Queue Management
- Monitor all applicable ConnectWise boards and respond accordingly
- Update ticket with notes for primary techs
- Follow-up with technicians and ensure overdue tickets are being completed
- Escalate to Technical Service & Personnel Manager as needed
- Daily meeting with Tech Manager (phone or in office)
Technical Support Tasks
- Assist with customer passwords reset request and user setups
- Assist with PC setup and configuration (in office) to assist technical consultants
- Provide basic PC Troubleshooting assistance
- Configure mail clients (Outlook/Phone/Other)
- Virus/PUP remediation
- General Slow performance
- Correct failed domain trust relationship
- Printer connection support
- Basic firewall configuration changes
- Software Restriction policy assistance when installing software
- Assist in monitoring RMM portal under direction of Cloud Services Manager
- Monitoring patching
- Monitor outage reports
- Assist in adding additional monitoring to existing RMM clients (SNMP, PING, etc.)
- Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) Team Member
- Work on CSP migration tickets and ensure completed on time and accurately
- Assist with conversions and new setups, communicate changes to customer, primary tech, and sales team
- Meet and work with Cloud Services Manager to ensure sites are being handled properly
- Managed Services Team Member
- Helpdesk Onboarding assistance
- Assist Cloud Services Manager with site creation
- Created and configure Managed Services Sites
- Notification Setup, Assign Reports and Alerts
- Meet and work with Cloud Services Manager to ensure sites are being handled properly
Apply for this position today!
Still Using Windows 7?
Now is the time to Upgrade, Ontech is here to help. Microsoft made the following announcement to Windows 7 users:
“Microsoft made a commitment to provide 10 years of product support for Windows 7 when it was released on October 22, 2009. When this 10-year period ends, Microsoft will discontinue Windows 7 support so that we can focus our investment on supporting newer technologies and great new experiences.
The specific end of support day for Windows 7 will be January 14, 2020. After that, technical assistance and automatic updates that help protect your PC will no longer be made available for the product. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10 sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available.”
Ontech Systems, Inc. – Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
$55,000 – $75,000 a year
Join our team! Ontech is seeking a qualified, motivated individual to add to our talented consulting group. As a Technical Consultant, you will work directly with our small and mid-size business clients assisting with product selection, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining a wide variety of network hardware and licensing solutions, managed services, cloud services and projects. Qualified individuals will not only have technical expertise and a strong background with hands-on network administration but will also possess a high level of organizational, communication, and customer service skills. A high level of professionalism is expected. Must be a team player!
At Ontech, customer satisfaction is paramount. Customer service begins and ends with our staff. We believe that, while IT can be a demanding field, it is important that our employees maintain a healthy balance of work versus leisure and family time. Ontech provides a flexible, team-oriented environment with regular company outings and team-building activities. We also encourage employees to use vacation time and respect personal and family time. Our customers benefit when their IT Consultant is able to find and maintain that healthy balance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and configure server hardware & components. Primarily HP ProLiant servers.
- Install and configure virtual server environment, VMware and Hyper-V
- Installing and configure server OS (Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Office 365 Migrations (Hosted Email & Business Plans)
- Configure network services like Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Backup and DR solutions
- Install and configure switches and routers. Primarily Cisco, Sophos, SonicWall, Meraki and HP.
- Windows Server support and migrations
- Install, configure and manage network virus protection and backup
- SAN and other storage hardware
- Basic PC support
- Basic printer support
- Mobile Device Management
- Document Standards
- Interpersonal skills to work with our clients and internal staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Regular travel to clients in SE Wisconsin required. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Ongoing training and certification is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, Cisco, VMware, SonicWALL, HP, Lenovo, Barracuda Networks, Anchor, Citrix, Veeam, Storage Craft, Sophos, and others.
- Current industry certifications like MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP and others are strongly encouraged.
- Direct client facing consulting experience is a must
- Migrating to and/or supporting public and/or private cloud infrastructure
- Working with Cloud Storage
- Supporting VPN and other site-to-site networking
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience Supporting Managed Services
- Development track of this role will be heavily focused on Office 365/Azure and other Cloud Services
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Profit sharing opportunity by invite based on productivity and merit. Benefits include company matched retirement plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance, home internet connection, mileage reimbursement, company provided cell phone and laptop, yearly company retreats, flexible, friendly, team environment, paid time off, paid holidays, ongoing training, company outings and team-building activities.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Experience: SMB Consulting: 4 years
Apply for this position today!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin (May 2nd, 2018) – Ontech Systems, Inc., provider of IT services and solutions, today announced the promotion of Mark P. Dohnal to President and Partner, succeeding Michael Piotrowski, Founder, and Partner of Ontech. Dohnal joined Ontech in 2008 and has served as Vice President since 2011. Mike Piotrowski remains involved with Ontech in an advisory role.
“He has earned an exceptional reputation in the industry and is well respected by our staff, clients, vendors and business partners. I am confident in his leadership and am excited to see Ontech thrive under Mark’s direction,” said Piotrowski.
Mark began his career at Ontech in 2008 in client development, with a goal of restructuring the sales team and service offerings. In January 2011, after significant company growth, Mark was promoted to Vice President to oversee daily operations. A graduate of The Ohio State University with a degree in Business Administration and Public Relations; Mark’s background includes corporate sales, project management, sales management, and business ownership before his tenure at Ontech.
His passion for growing Ontech, by developing the management, sales and service teams have driven Ontech to meet and exceed the goals over the past ten years. Mark has the unique ability to create a fun and family-oriented business culture while driving the team to provide exceptional service and develop long-lasting relationships with their clients. Ontech has aggressive goals to continue to adapt to the ever-changing technology market, provide forward-thinking solutions to their clients, and a work environment for their staff that provides the ideal balance between work and home life.
Mark moved to Wisconsin from Ohio in 2005 and came from a family of entrepreneurs. Mark met his wife Nicole shortly after arriving in Wisconsin, Nicole is a very accomplished business professional in her own right. They have two beautiful children Madisen and Ethan; the entire family shares a passion for animals and the outdoors. Since moving to the country, they have acquired many pets, rescued dogs, and started a small hobby farm. Mark is an avid sports fan, enjoys golf, cycling, and coaching his children in various activities. Mark and his wife are involved with various community programs and charities throughout Southeast Wisconsin.
About Ontech Systems:
Ontech Systems, Inc., founded in 2004 and located in Menomonee Falls, WI, provides comprehensive technology solutions for small and medium-sized businesses throughout the Greater Milwaukee area.
To offer the most functional, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for today’s SMB, we have partnered with industry leaders to provide our clients the most up to date solutions on the market.
We work closely with our clients to plan, implement and maintain IT systems to meet current needs and future goals.