Spring is in the air and it’s the perfect time to clean your home, go through your old files and declutter your inbox.
Nothing is more overwhelming than an inbox packed to the brim with old documents, things you need to do and people you still haven’t gotten back to.
Decluttering your inbox not only takes a huge weight off your shoulders but it also helps you become more productive in your personal and professional life.
Achieve Inbox Zero
Productivity guru Merlin Mann developed the “Inbox Zero” approach, which involves rigorous email management with a focus on keeping the inbox empty or almost empty at all times. Mann believes that because time and attention are limited, when an inbox is confused with a “to do” list, productivity suffers.
Ground rules: Answer email throughout the day, at the top of each hour and don’t leave your email open. Refer to this handy productivity “mind map” for more tips on managing your email.
- Start by deleting or archiving as many new messages as possible.
- Then, forward any emails that are best answered by someone else.
- Respond immediately to emails you can answer in 2 minutes or less.
- If emails require more than 2 minutes to respond or you can answer them later on, move them to a separate “Requires Response” folder.
- Set aside time each day to respond to email in the “requires response” folder or chip away at mail in this folder throughout the day.
Manage email (and much more) with Office 365
Need access to email on-the-go? Cloud based Office 365 is Microsoft’s answer to small business productivity. In Office 365, you get access to Exchange, SharePoint and Lync, along with the primary Office productivity applications.
One feature our customers enjoy most about Office 365 is SharePoint Online, which gives you the flexibility to allow or restrict certain individuals within the organization from viewing certain documents.
Tools like this, combined with the simple, intuitive nature of Office 365 make this IT solution, one that you’ll definitely want to consider this Spring.
For questions, pricing details or you are interested in Office 365 for your workplace, call our office at (262) 522-8560 or contact us online.