Ontech Systems, Inc. – Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
$55,000 – $75,000 a year
Join our team! Ontech is seeking a qualified, motivated individual to add to our talented consulting group. As a Technical Consultant, you will work directly with our small and mid-size business clients assisting with product selection, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining a wide variety of network hardware and licensing solutions, managed services, cloud services and projects. Qualified individuals will not only have technical expertise and a strong background with hands-on network administration but will also possess a high level of organizational, communication, and customer service skills. A high level of professionalism is expected. Must be a team player!
At Ontech, customer satisfaction is paramount. Customer service begins and ends with our staff. We believe that, while IT can be a demanding field, it is important that our employees maintain a healthy balance of work versus leisure and family time. Ontech provides a flexible, team-oriented environment with regular company outings and team-building activities. We also encourage employees to use vacation time and respect personal and family time. Our customers benefit when their IT Consultant is able to find and maintain that healthy balance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and configure server hardware & components. Primarily HP ProLiant servers.
- Install and configure virtual server environment, VMware and Hyper-V
- Installing and configure server OS (Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Office 365 Migrations (Hosted Email & Business Plans)
- Configure network services like Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Backup and DR solutions
- Install and configure switches and routers. Primarily Cisco, Sophos, SonicWall, Meraki and HP.
- Windows Server support and migrations
- Install, configure and manage network virus protection and backup
- SAN and other storage hardware
- Basic PC support
- Basic printer support
- Mobile Device Management
- Document Standards
- Interpersonal skills to work with our clients and internal staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Regular travel to clients in SE Wisconsin required. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Ongoing training and certification is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, Cisco, VMware, SonicWALL, HP, Lenovo, Barracuda Networks, Anchor, Citrix, Veeam, Storage Craft, Sophos, and others.
- Current industry certifications like MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP and others are strongly encouraged.
- Direct client facing consulting experience is a must
- Migrating to and/or supporting public and/or private cloud infrastructure
- Working with Cloud Storage
- Supporting VPN and other site-to-site networking
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience Supporting Managed Services
- Development track of this role will be heavily focused on Office 365/Azure and other Cloud Services
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Profit sharing opportunity by invite based on productivity and merit. Benefits include company matched retirement plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance, home internet connection, mileage reimbursement, company provided cell phone and laptop, yearly company retreats, flexible, friendly, team environment, paid time off, paid holidays, ongoing training, company outings and team-building activities.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Experience: SMB Consulting: 4 years