$45,000 – $60,000 a year
We are looking for a team-oriented Technical Consultant to join our growing and diversely skilled Technical Consulting Team. Our company supports hundreds of businesses based in SE Wisconsin and we are successful due to our high level of customer service, consultative approach to clients, and providing a great work environment for our Technical Consultants. This position will include onsite and remote technical support and the consultant should be very comfortable troubleshooting networks in person at a client work site.
We provide a comprehensive new employee training plan, industry leading software for client management & service tickets, industry leading client documentation software, a 24×7 Network Operations Center backing our local technicians allowing them to relax on nights & weekends.
Basic Technical Skills/Abilities Needed
- Install and configure server hardware & components. Primarily HP ProLiant servers.
- Install and configure virtual server environment, VMware and Hyper-V
- Installing and configure server OS (Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019);
- **local infrastructure & cloud based Microsoft Azure deployments.
- Office 365 Migrations (Hosted Email & Business Plans)
- Configure network services like Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Backup and DR solutions: Datto, StorageCraft, MS Azure
- Install and configure switches and routers. Primarily SonicWall, Cisco, Sophos, and HP.
- Windows Server support and migrations
- Install, configure and manage network virus protection and backup
- SAN and other storage hardware
- Basic PC support
- Basic printer support
- Mobile Device Management
- Document Standards
- Interpersonal skills to work with our clients and internal staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Regular travel to clients in SE Wisconsin required. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Ongoing training and certification is required.
Preferred Qualifications/Additional Preferred Skills
- Current experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, Cisco, VMware, SonicWALL, HP, Lenovo, Barracuda Networks, Anchor, Citrix, Veeam, Storage Craft, Sophos, and others.
- Current industry certifications like MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP and others are a plus.
- Migrating to and/or supporting public and/or private cloud infrastructure
- Working with Cloud Storage
- Supporting VPN and other site-to-site networking
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience Supporting Managed Services
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- IT Support: 5 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- A valid IT Specialist certification (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction