Microsoft’s products have evolved greatly over the years. As technology has progressed, we’ve seen advances in mobility, collaboration, and now artificial intelligence.
Given the evolution of their products, it’s not surprising that Microsoft is now undergoing a rebranding effort for Office 365.
As of April 21st, 2020, Microsoft announced that they are rebranding Office 365 to Microsoft 365.
The product name changes aren’t happening across all Office 365 products however, mostly just for small to mid-sized businesses.
The Office 365 name will continue to be used for the following products:
- Office 365 for Enterprise
- Office 365 for Firstline Workers
- Office 365 for Education
- Office 365 for Government products
So which Office 365 products names will be changed?
- Office 365 Business Essentials becomes Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium becomes Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Office 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
- Office 365 Pro Plus becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise
Are Office 365 product features changing?
It’s important to note that the core features and pricing of the products are not changing. With the new name, Microsoft is shifting focus to how their services deliver value to customers.
If you have questions about how your Microsoft products will be affected by the name change, please contact Ontech’s support team online or by phone at 262-522-8560.